skip to main |
skip to sidebar
2/14 Valentine’s Day in the Eastern Hemisphere
Had an early afternoon rum & coke for no good reason other than it sounded good after a leisurely breakfast, two bottles of water, a shower and two rounds of emails. Got lost by choice and accidentally walked to the suburb of Hackney just to find my way back. Had a whiskey and water in my shelter on the porch as the sun was beginning to set and the gnats came out to feast, and a rum & coke after. Colby called at 9:00 and we met up to sample the local bar scene. The first plac
e cost me $10 for a pint of Stella ($10!?!?!?! Even after the conversion that’s about $7.50—a 22 oz. of Fat Tire at a bar in Poway only costs $5.50) but the second place was much nicer-- $4 a pint for Lagerland, and I won a free hat with my second pint, which Colby graciously purchased. The fourth drink was also free after a hike up to O’Connell street where I got to sample Royal Oak’s Pale Ale on Colby’s rather drunken dime. All in all, four drinks for $14 dollars isn’t bad, especially considering that’s closer to $11 where I come from. I crashed at 1:30am very contentedly
Drink Count: 7
No comments:
Post a Comment