Monday, September 3, 2007

9/3 Hoooooly Moley! aka "Whatever, Beanstalk"

Hey! You guys! The most exciting thing ever happened today! My complimentary copy of Etchings came in the mail, along with my very first paycheck as a writer! Or, as Martina calls it, my very first 'paycheque'. No matter your spelling, it's the first time someone has ever offered me money in exchange for words that I wrote on a page. This is outstanding! I almost don't want to cash the check, but at the same time I want to cash it and buy several copies of the magazine just to ensure that I really exist and that someone somewhere really cares about my writing. I didn't photograph the contents page, but they put me right after a Thomas Shapcott piece-- that's a god damn critical development! My name is on the back cover, and on the contents page, and on the story, and in my 'artist's bio'. That's more Adam than you would find anywhere else! Even on the internets! How incredible is that? The best part was watching one of the house mates read it in print, and giggle, and then say she didn't get the ending. Yes!!!

Oh yeah, class, bar, lots of reading, minor writing, lots of wine to celebrate. Okay, looooooots.

Drink Count: 8

The package:The journal:The story:The sweet, sweet payola:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fantastic! I'm very proud of you. My son the published author. Get me a copy. I have bragging rights you know! See you soon.

P.S. Are you proud of me for finally using my gmail account and commenting? See you can teach an old dog new tricks!

Stacy said...

my favorite story ever, this makes me so so so so happy. buy me a copy and i'll pay you back with cash and also some complimentary wine? yesss.

if i were you, i would just stare at the first page of 'my' story. just stare at it. for hours maybe, that would be perfectly acceptable, i should think.

that is so bomb, dude. so stoked for you.