(Old) Quote of the day: “God, I hate Sareem. He’s such a dickhead. I just want to burn his face.” (About a contestant on a game show, no less-- I miss Rohan!)
Got my Doxycycline for super cheap, and procured the contact lens solution, Tim Tams, toothpaste and insecticide-impregnated bed net I was after. All that remains is some Johnson & Johnson baby soap and I'm basically ready for my trip. Hazel Rowley spoke in class-- the author of acclaimed biographies on Christina Stead, Simone De Beauvoir, Sartre, and Richard Wright, for which she was offered a $125,000 advance. At the moment she's writing a book about Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt's relationship with an advance so shocking that she refused to tell us what it was. That being said, she doesn't sleep, has a possible drinking problem, and admittedly lives on the 'terrified' end of the spectrum. I suppose that's the logical result of being a middle-aged white Australian female academic being paid a very large sum of money to write a cornerstone biography about a black, male American author and social activist from the pre-Civil Rights era. How much fucking pressure does
that entail?
Two beers at the British after class, and I talked the bartender (you know it's bad when Martina and I say 'we'll have our usuals' and he automatically pours a glass of the house white and a pint of the cheapest beer on tap) into contacting Cooper's and trying to score a $4 deal on the Cooper's Dark, which nobody drinks, but if it was $4 I think a lot more people would. I'm either a genius, or a drunk, or both. I Tarted up The Tasman Peninsula Preservation Society and watched a hilarious sketch show called The Chaser's War Against Everything before heading off to finish a box of wine and let Jenny Lewis and The Blow sing me to sleep.
Drink Count: 7
Who's smiley-bear on a wine-soaked bus? THIS GUY RIGHT HERE!!!

And also THESE GIRLS RIGHT HERE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment