#1 - Music for you perusing pleasure:
#2 - New Story on IA
I posted The Old Cartoon Writer on Innocent Abroad so there's some new reading material. For those long sessions on the john when you have a laptop and wi-fi, I guess.
#3 - New Stuff on the Stumble Bar:
I've added my favorite online comics, some blogs, a site dedicated to mullets, and some random other crap. Poke around if you have the time and inclination. Most of them are updated at least thrice weekly, Married To The Sea, Natalie Dee, and Toothpaste For Dinner daily. Woo!
#4 - Album Reviews:
Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing: Offensively, inescapably horrible. So bad that it's almost good with gem lines like "Why don't guys just understand, at a certain time of month I don't want to hold their hand?"
Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long: An uninspired mix of Disease-era Matchbox Twenty and pre-Future Sex/Love Sounds Justin Timberlake. Rob Thomas or Timbaland might have saved this beached whale, but otherwise, not so good.
White Stripes - Icky Thump: As someone on the internets said--- 'it sounds like Jack White is just playing random guitar riffs and improvising lyrics as he goes.' Word. Decent at best.
The Used - Lies For Liars: Holy shit, this band used to be pretty good. They never wrote much of their own material, but it's just gotten more My Chemical Romance style glam-rock with none of the Queen overtones and all of the pretension. Pass.
Lil' Wayne - None Higher (We Got The Remix): Weezy F. Baby is the greatest rapper alive, as far as I'm concerned. Pitchfork accuses him of accidentally talking over a song and calling it a mixtape, but sadly, his talking over random songs is still a universe better than most other rappers' rehearsed rhymes.
Bright Eyes - Cassadaga: I've mentioned it before. Conor learned how to sing (kind of). He also toned down the sappy self-effacement (kind of). Bright Eyes has never really been better in terms of craft and style, and the video for Four Winds is hilarious. It's also below.
#5 News Break 1: The Serious Stuff
Immigration: The Case For Amnesty (A really interesting article about why amnesty makes all around sense. I don't agree with everything in here, but I agree with the bottom line: "The estimated 12 million illegals are by their sheer numbers undeportable. More important, they are too enmeshed in a healthy U.S. economy to be extracted.")
Obama's 'Quiet Riots' Are For Real (Commentary about the state of urban ghettos in relation to national politics. "Why is it that the black parts of town are always on the south side? Maybe because north means going up and south means going down")
How To Avoid A New Cold War (Short Time piece on how Russia and the U.S.'s piss-poor foreign policies and war-making have contributed to this latest stand-off over missile shields and ICBM's in Eastern Europe.)
India Escapes U.S. List Of Worst Human Traffickers ("Negroponte wanted India listed as a Tier 3 country, or worst offender. [Condoleeza] Rice overruled him out of concern about alienating the Indian government. India is on the Tier 2 watch list." Our moral compass swings awry once again... similar to how Saudi Arabia has consistently had a miserable human rights record and we've the other god damn way, instead bitching about Cuba. Cuba? Bloody fucking hypocrites.)
The End Of Fake IDs? (Q&A with a guy who's arguing for treating drinking similar to driving-- 18 year olds with good records who have taken classes about responsible drinking could get a 'learners permit' which would allow them to drink certain things in certain situations. It accepts the fact that alcohol is part of the average 20-year old college student's life and isn't going away-- shouldn't we at least make it safer?)
#6 Pictures, Part I:
Hey, remember when this was awesome and promising? Yeah... me too
My demur little Sophia-- favorite by far of the housemates:
Oh shit, son, it's Kurt Russell:
Lake Toluca, from Silent Hill:
Savage Chickens-- it's on the stumble bar:
Awwwwwww:
Oh man, a picture of Marco I forgot I had. Also, that I forgot I love:
Hahahaha I absolutely cannot wait to have this on a t-shirt:
#7 Videos:
SLOTHS!!!
Conor of the Four Winds:
What A Teacher Makes (this is cool):
Shift Happens, A Little Perspective In An Egocentric World:
Ass Charles (Just watch):
Dough Is What I Got:
#8 - News Break 2: The Silly Stuff
Elephant Robs Motorists In India (How hilarious is this?)
Bookstore Owner Burns Books In Protest (Take that, the man! Wait... the man doesn't want us to read... shit!)
Able-Bodied Gamblers Let It Ride In Vegas (Oh my god, I want to do this)
Vermont Secessionist Movement Gains Support (Good on them-- how great would a world be where malicious entities could be crippled by peaceful internal dissension?)
#9 Pictures, Part II:
I wish I was small enough to splay out on a couch cushion. Also, that my wiener would stand up so awesomely:
You folks better keep up on these webcomics-- I won't be able to:
Martina, how I'll always remember her (minus a glass of house white in the other hand)
I don't even know what's going on here, but it makes me laugh for about a billion reasons:
And he doesn't even know we're making fun of him...
What the fuck?
I couldn't resist ending with this one:
See you kids in a month.
Adam
1 comment:
"North is not up and east is not right, except for milwaukee, wisconsin that night..." , thank you, Atom and His Package......
Post a Comment