It wasn't a very scary day, but it was a day nonetheless. Kurt Vonnegut is still dead, and I'm still depressed. But my tribute to him received this response:
Hey Adam,
Kurt Vonnegut died? Drag. At least he'd probably be proud that the Pall Malls didn't get him. Anyway, your submission is great and it'll definitely be in the next edition, which comes out the first Tuesday of next term. Thanks for contributing, and may you emerge from your mourning a wiser - and more drunk - man.
Ben
So I guess in 10 days 'Dear Kurt' will be available throughout central Adelaide in the new edition of On Dit. Otherwise, today I did nothing but read Cats Cradle (SO good!) and drink obscene amounts of wine. I finished a little bit of music writing found here and finalized my travel plans for the semester break--12 days in Vanuatu, 11 in Fiji, and 7 in Wellington, New Zealand. I'll be gone from the 14th of June to the 14th of July and filling a very special black notebook during that time. I hope. Tomorrow is for continuing work on Vonnegut-- A Man Without A Country is next, I believe-- and hopefully finishing the shitty first draft on a new story for class. I've been occupied instead with letters to Kurt and emails to Liz and mixtape deconstruction, etc. However, I've RSVP'd a spot in a May 1 masterclass with poet Judith Rodriguez. I don't even know what that means, exactly, but I'll be there. Maybe by then I'll even finish the poem I've been working on entitled "Zoey" and be able to present it. Maybe I'll be dead by then. Who knows? So it goes.
Drink Count: 10
Has there ever been a creature more perfect than this?

Or less perfect than this?

No comments:
Post a Comment