I've invented a new drink: "Just Goon"
It consists of 2 parts cheap, boxed wine ('goon' as it's referred to down here) and 1 part Just Juice (orange so far, though I suppose other varieties would work). The result is something like a mimosa without any of the taste or class. But, Just Goon does the job, as well as guarantees that no matter how much wine I drink, I'm getting a proportional amount of non-alcoholic beverage that is chock full of Vitamin C. No scurvy for this sailor!
I wasted an entire day admirably. Went to The British with the rest of the Mattanya crew and had a pint of Cooper's before returning home to make my second box of Mac & Cheese (all gone, so sad!) and putting myself to sleep with the help of Monseigneur Vonnegut. Tomorrow looks to be much of the same, though hopefully with a concession made to the fact that I need to come up with a new fucking story so I have something to present in class by Wednesday.
Drink Count: 7
Ten days from tomorrow I fly to Tasmania. Friend Joel has arranged a weekend at Eaglehawk Neck outside of Port Arthur with some of his friends, one of whom is a professional chef. There will be abalone and a houseboat involved. This is all I know. But here's a picture of the place, compliments of my homeboy Google:
No comments:
Post a Comment