Thursday, October 4, 2007

10/4 Super-Sickly

Maybe it was less my drinking habits and more a bug going around (most of the roomies have been sick recently) because I didn't do anything stressful or exerting or drink a bit today and I still felt like I was riding on the cow-catcher of the Polar 'Ich'spress (oh, that was terrible!).

I still managed a measure of productivity-- read 120 pages (finally! I am so far behind on reading) and managed to work on a new scene for the novel, continue work on an existing scene, and edit what I intend to be the first 1,000 words of my excerpt.

I also watched several episodes of The Gummi Bears during my weaker hours, and I have to say it's still a quite impressive show. Disney doesn't mess around when it comes to making cartoons (at least they didn't in the '80s) so the animation is solid, the plots are silly but creative, and the voice work is outstanding. I've also discovered I can't cook worth a shit. The dozen things I know how to cook, I make competently. But trying out new things, and especially 'eye-balling' is not my forte. I better find me a young lady who likes to cook (well) otherwise I need to live within stumbling distance of a Jack in the Box.

Drink Count: 0

1 comment:

Kait said...

Good luck finding her.