Well, I had two really great quotes of the day from Gabriel Garcia Marquez, but apparently they were both misquoted to me because I can't find a record of them anywhere in the million internet pages full of Marquez quotes. So that's lame. At any rate, I didn't do much today except go to class and finally get a handle on an idea for the next story. It
could be good if I do it right, but now that I have the idea I'm wrestling hardcore with execution. And it's supposed to be more or less finished Monday, so it looks like I may be ferreted away this weekend working on that. I did, however, make an absolutely delicious dinner of breaded parmesan chicken (thanks Kait) with fusili pasta and some red wine/romano cheese sauce (thanks Woolworth's). Bomb diggity is what that was. I'm going to have to make it for the roomies or neighbors just so everyone knows my culinary skills aren't limited to throwing meat over a flame and poking at it until it looks like it might not kill anyone.
Went to the Unibar with some kids from class and discovered that I like one a whole lot more than I thought, and that I hate one a whole lot more than I thought. There
is some kind of balance in the universe. Had one pint of Tooehy's Old (what can I say, it's both cheap and decent-- like bland Newcastle at $2.75USD a pint (real Newcastle would be $5.00+)) and three glasses of wine at home over the next 5 hours. Reflexive drinking, I guess. Or maybe I should keep the wine box somewhere OTHER than on the desk beside my computer. Colleen's experiencing a similar situation so I don't feel too bad. Tomorrow is for reading, writing, editing, and hopefully watching some damn cartoons in the PM. Wish a brother luck!
Drink Count: 4
Somebody write me a caption for this picture:
No comments:
Post a Comment