Wednesday, March 28, 2007

3/28 Charles Has A Licking Problem

YouTube is fucking cool (Liz, you'll like this)

Also, this: THE GREATEST POEM EVER (actually, if you want the greatest, search for the one he does called Aural Sex-- for Lit buffs it's the greatest thing since Milton and the Bronte Sisters had their hot-ass three way (you didn't know about that??? And you called yourselves buffs...))

So, wow. Tonight--just wow. Spent the whole evening with the most down-home grits 'n' gravy Tennessee girl you could ever hope to meet. She's in my program, and she's cool. She can write. She can drink. She listens to awesome music. After class we transitioned to the Cibo for a coffee. After that it was the UniBar for a beer. After that it was Ned Kelly's Restaurant for a very expensive dinner which was passable at best. After that I got to tour her college (and meet her friends, one of whom I suspected I have something of a history with (what the fuck would be the odds?)) After that we went to the Oxford, which from all appearances is pretty nice, but is actually just a dodgy college bar. Apparently every Wednesday the St. Mark's kids go up there and take over the top floor and get SUPER drink deals. Tonight there was $1 (ONE FUCKING DOLLAR) vodka drinks from 9-10, plus two free shots just for showing up. Considering we didn't start getting drinks until almost 9:30, I drank my first six (two midori-based shots, one V&T and three vodka & limes) in 45 minutes, followed by a vodka & cranberry and two jack & cokes, one of which I had to chug while people sang some bullshit song to me. Then we went downstairs and I scored another vodka drink (fruity, but I don't know what it was) for free, and ended up coming out with 10 drinks for the evening (plus liberal sips of Katey's once she got sufficiently hammered) for exactly $7-- less than the price of two pints of swill down at the British. After that I walked her home and talked literature and music (and lost one of the fucking balls on my right wrist piercing!!!) until almost 2:00am when I had to walk home alone through a pretty dodgy part of town. Now it's 3:15 and I'm bloody knackered. Tomorrow is for writing. Tonight is for sleep.

Drink Count: 11

I'll have pictures of tonight up later (I hope). For now you'll have to live with Charles the pug, Big Poppa E and this:

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Jesus Christ on a crutch you write a lot don`t you? Oh, and thanks for not giving me your blog site, fucker. Making me look bad and shit. Anyway, looks like you`re having fun boozing it up. I also like how you keep track of drinks. Cheers.