When I'm not in lazy-man's heaven, I'm trying to write a 4,000 word story. I actually have more than 4,000 words written so far, but they're nowhere near cohesive or good. I'm just writing-- going for the gold and writing every scene and idea I can think of. Hopefully it ends up closer to 6,000 so I can hack 1,500 words out, turn it into an actual story, and then pare it down even more to be make it really solid. I'm uneasy as hell about my ability to write this, but it should be okay so long as I can stay sober, focused, and confident enough to do it. A lot to ask, indeed.
I got back from Tassie Sunday and bought a box of wine that night. As I write this, I'm finishing the last dregs of it. Martina helped a bit last night, but in essence I've consumed 4 liters of wine in 3 days after coming off a solid 3-day bender. The only slightly uplifting news is that I'm basically out of money for a couple days, and out of alcohol, so I might manage a couple sober days based surely on that. The other silver lining is that the drinks I had today were 1:1 wine and Orange Mango juice, so I've also ingested a shitload of vitamin C and dietary fiber.
Drink Count: 10
Puzzle this one out, bitches:
No comments:
Post a Comment