I watched Childen of Men tonight, starring Clive Owen and Julianne Moore and it was good-- really fucking good. It's tough to make a doomsday scenario post-apocalyptic film and make it believable and these people did. The basic premise is that it's 2027 and no child has been born in 18 years-- a horribly unforeseen consequence of our insistence on injecting chemicals and hormones into our daily diet (and there is some scientific evidence to suggest that fertility rates have been declining proportionately with the rise of processed foods). The world has collapsed in response and the only nation to retain control is Britain, which has adopted a stringent anti-immigrant policy to maintain order. You should check it out. I finished one chalice of wine in response to this afternoon, and another during the movie. Some more wine was splattered around the day, but I caught most of it with my mouth and am ready for cornflakes, Home Movies, and an early night.
Drink Count: 9
**My refrigerator shelf has looked like this for far too long-- half-rancid milk, a dash of pasta sauce, leftover pasta (I think there are chunks of sausage mixed in) and the container underneath it formerly held lunch meat, but now holds an ancient chunk of generic brand 'Tasty Cheese' (you can imagine how delicious that is-- Parmesan Reggiano it's not)
No comments:
Post a Comment