I'm condensing five days into one post for two very simple reasons-- 1) this shit is time consuming, and 2) nothing so extraordinary has happened that it needs its very own day to explain. In fact, something like 20 hours have been spent just catching up to the 14th, and once you factor in all the catching up I've been doing on my sleep, it's pretty obvious I haven't been doing a whole damn lot. I did some shopping, some laundry, some cooking, some catching up, some reading, a lot of readjusting, watched the first 4 seasons of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and scrobbled all the music I listened to whilst traveling (I kept a detailed list in my wonderful Moleskine journal). Look out for that in a few days-- I listened to enough Lil' Wayne, Bright Eyes, and Augstana over the past 4 weeks to kill Jim Morrison again.
There has been new writing news, from what I reported a few days ago. Banana Trees is coming out in early September, it turns out, and will not be my very first writing paycheck. Turns out that darling Phillip has been dropping my name in selected company, and I received an email while in Fiji from the fiction editor of Melbourne-based Etchings, who asked if I would send him something. I sent the Old Cartoon Writer and he loved it, so that's going through layout right now and the edition will be out in a matter of weeks. What's more, the theme of the next edition might fit the story that Island magazine rejected and could get published after all. No news on The Tasman Peninsula Preservation Society yet, but I have a good feeling.
Looks I'm making the rounds and getting my name out there, at least in the Australian literary journal scene, which is good, but the downside is that the bulk of my publishable stories have been published and if I want to continue the trend, I'm going to have to put my balls to the band saw real hard and write some new (hopefully good) stories. The first step is looking over the 3-4 ideas I was fleshing out when I left, and transcribing a month's worth of notes (I did a lot of writing on these travels).
In University news, I scored High Distinctions (the best grade possible) in both of my courses last semester! Wooooo! In non-writing (but writing-related) news, the neighbor situation doesn't look to be nearly as excellent as last semester, which might be good in that I'll have fewer distractions. The Marco's trip out in August is either being pushed back to October or not happening at all which sucks sea cucumber, but also will increase my writing time for a semester that promises to be both more time consuming (much higher word counts) and more difficult (lots of 'experimental' writing).
So, back to it, I suppose... tomorrow the updates go back to normal.
Cheers!
Drink Count (7/15): 6
Drink Count (7/16): 2
Drink Count (7/17): 3
Drink Count (7/18): 7
Drink Count (7/19): 11 (fuzzy number-- I drank basically all day (11-11), but slowly, and I got quite a bit of writing and reading done, so who's to say shit about it? Not He-Man, that's for sure, and I think we all know why...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment