Pensive night. Birthday in 16 minutes. Not stopping the wine until that day also stops. First class with Jane Rogers wasn't an immediate revelation, but we'll see how workshops go. At least no more reading in class-- she finds it an awful waste of workshop time and, aside from the public reading practice, I agree. But my need to take initiative is going to kill me one day, and I volunteered to workshop next week. That would be fine, except the 'piece' (which doesn't really exist yet) needs to be sent out by midnight Saturday to give everyone a chance to get it, print it, read it twice, and come ready to discuss. Fucking grand. I'm thinking of bringing in a chunk of Phylloxera (nothing else is even close to ready) and seeing how successfully I've avoided obvious conceit and soppiness, at least through the first 2,000 words.
Drank before class and after class, the only non-class break being when I fell asleep on Ulysses for an hour after dinner (creeping on page 200 and still feeling like I'm putting together a jigsaw puzzle with no straight-edged pieces). Not dealing with this turning 24 thing and the uncertainty of the future thing too well.
Drink Count: 13(ish)
Okay, this did make me incredibly happy today, as did Wesley Willis, my father's passport picture (I desperately wish I had a scanner), a sweet new copy of June On The West Coast:
Just click it, it's only 5 seconds long!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment