It would seem I have been horrendously spoiled given that it's winter and for the past three weeks I haven't had to wear a shirt. Well, Wellington is fixing that rapidly, what with the pissing rain, howling winds, angry clouds, and extreme cold. Walked as far as I could today in the inclement weather, taking in the whole waterfront and getting my bearings and making informal plans for the rest of the week. Sat on the waterfront and wrote for an hour then returned to the warmth of the hostel and the moth-like attraction to the TV where I watched a New Zealand movie called The Whale Rider, and Me, Myself & Irene while eating some boss double-pepperoni pizza.Drink Count: 0
2 comments:
I cry every time I watch The Whale Rider. I think it's so sensational, I want to watch it right now.
This was before Keisha Castle Hughes became a pregnant teen whore. =( So sad.
Really? I thought that movie was so horrifically overwrought... first off, the Grandfather was a bad character AND a bad actor, secondly, it was ridiculously predictable and equally unbelievable.
Maybe if I grew up with that movie I could love it the way I love Land Before Time or The Never-Ending Story, but getting into the game so late it just bores me, and I wanted that whale to drown her to death along with Gramps' precious whale tooth medallion.
Post a Comment