Tuesday, July 31, 2007

7/31 It has begun...

The multimedia campaign to show solidarity with our indie/hipster brothers and sisters in protest of this atrocious audio-visual advertisement for Jenny Lewis' vagina (even if the video is very, very hot) has begun. Individualized protests from Kait, The Marco, and myself are now floating around on the internet. Hopefully more cats will get in on the action and we can throw the links around like crazy-- hundreds and hundreds of snobby and self-righteous music lovers creating a spiderweb of internet protest. I get wet just thinking about it. If you've got something, post that shit and send us the links, children of the internets!

I also began a new attempt to kickstart regular writing by exploiting my addictive personality. I'm going to sit down twice a day, 2 hours at a time, 7 days a week, and hopefully make myself so used to it that I become dependent on it the way I am on music, chemicals, and food. I did the second period today (didn't come up with the idea until the first had passed) and got a respectable amount done. Double that tomorrow and every day after and I'll have all kinds of shit written down, if of dubious quality and scattered content. I then finished both boxes of wine and The Master of Petersburg, also passing the page 300 milestone of Ulysses. Only about 630 to go... and a workshop to live through tomorrow. Ugh.

Drink Count: 4

Worst Album Covers of All Time:

#19If these are the soldiers of Christ, we're all severely fucked. Give the big one a puff pastry and he'll surely renounce his faith. Then all you have to contend with is an old man, a matching midget, and a church organist whose hobbies include macrame, 'being Holy', and the novels of Jean Auel.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Damn you! I was in love w/ Jenny Lewis until you showed me this crap. After work, I will attempt to erase this from memory with gin and beer. (I still love Rilo Kiley; I'm totally driving to San Diego to see them.)